Let’s just cut to the chase. You asked, and we made it happen:
- I want to edit notes right on the iPhone: DONE
- Give me more audio recording time: YOU GOT IT
- Make image and audio uploads faster: IT’S 4X FASTER NOW
- Let me choose to have notes sync only over WiFi: OKIE DOKIE
- Ugh, the first line of my text notes gets cut off: FIXED
- Integrate a flashlight application: UM, NO
Get Evernote for iPhone version 1.2 or check for updates on your iPhone / iPod Touch.
Editing existing notes
With the latest Evernote for iPhone release, you can edit existing plain text notes; append text to notes that contain images, audio, or other rich content; and change tags or notebooks for existing notes –all directly on the iPhone.
To edit a note, open it and click on the new Edit Note icon in the lower right corner.
Shiny new audio recorder
The audio recorder is completely redesigned, making it significantly more user friendly and intuitive. We increased the maximum recording time to 5 minutes, added a level meter, gave it some nice thumb-friendly buttons, and made the whole thing a lot easier to use.
Note upload options
We learned that some of our users pay a hefty price for cellular data transfers. Since we’re in the business of improving your memory, not emptying your wallet, we’ve added the option to choose whether notes are sync’d over cellular networks or only when connected to WiFi. This setting is located in the Account screen.
We’ve significantly improved our image and audio compression, which translates into uploads that are nearly 4X faster than in previous versions.
Other improvements and fixes
- Take a call or quit the application without losing your work
- Note list automatically displays any newly created notes
- Fixed a bunch of “Pending note” issues
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming. Now that we’ve got the 1.2 release out, we’re rolling up our sleeves and getting started on the biggest task: letting you have local storage of notes right on your iPhone. Stay tuned.