Attention power users: The latest Evernote for Mac release (version 1.4) introduces a number of usability improvements that make interacting with Evernote significantly faster. In addition to better menus, we’ve also added lots of new keyboard shortcuts for everything from searching to creating new notes to making checkboxes.
Get the latest: DOWNLOAD NOW
Create a new note any time
Struck by a great idea while in the middle of another program? Just hit the new global New Note shortcut any time and a new note window pops up ready to capture your inspiration.
- Global New Note shortcut: CMD+CTRL+N (can be changed in Evernote preferences)
New and improved search shortcuts
- Bring up the main Evernote window and place the cursor into global search bar: CMD+Option+F
- Perform in-note search: CMD+F
- Find next/previous search results: CMD+G/CMD+Shift+G. This will even work for notes containing a mix of recognized text in images and regular text.
- New Search menu consolidates all search operations
- Increased number of operations that have shortcuts