We hope you’re enjoying our Summer to Unclutter series. In the spirit of the season, we’d like to share a story of how we conquered the clutter in our own office. Don’t miss the surprise at the end of this post.
A few months ago we moved into a sunny new office space. While most of the office looked nice and clean, our storage closet quickly began to resemble a garbage heap.
Around this time, we came across a great post on Rubbermaid’s Adventures in Organization Blog, in which Jim Deitzel and crew helped a lucky subscriber take control of a messy garage with the help of some know-how and a few nifty Rubbermaid containers. We were inspired. So much so, that we came up with a simple 4-step method that uses Evernote and Rubbermaid to help you stay organized for good.
- Pack it: Fill your Rubbermaid storage box
- Label it: Place a clearly written label on the container
- Snap it: Use your cameraphone or digital camera to snap a photo of the label and container contents
- Note it: Add the photos into Evernote, then title the note. You can also type a quick list of the box contents. If you keep the containers in different rooms, make sure to note where the containers are located.
By using this method, you will always know exactly what you’ve stored and where everything is. A quick search in Evernote will show you photos and contents of each container. And don’t forget, Evernote works on your computer and phone, so you can access this information whenever you need.
Rubbermaid giveaway (it’s over)
To help jump start your uncluttering project, we’ve teamed up with Rubbermaid for an exciting giveaway. We’re giving away four Rubbermaid gift packs. Each gift pack contains four 15-quart storage boxes and three 18-gallon storage boxes.
How to enter
It only takes two steps to enter:
- Follow @evernote and @rubbermaid on Twitter
- Send a public Twitter message to @evernote containing the hashtag #evernote_rubbermaid
Just one tweet gets you entered.
We’ll announce We announced the winners on Wednesday September 2nd at noon on our Facebook fan page. Stay tuned and good luck. Winners will be contacted via direct message on Twitter, so be sure to follow @evernote.
This giveaway is open to Evernote users in the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada.
Summer to Unclutter
We hope you are all enjoying the “Summer to Unclutter” month and all the great ideas from our new friends in the organization community.
- 5 Ways Evernote Maximizes Your Organizing Potential — Guest post by Lorie Marrero
- Using Evernote to Solve Everyday Organizational Challenges — Guest post by Deb Lee
- 5 ways to Use Evernote to Organize Your Busy Family Life — Guest post by Erin Doland