- Locally cached notes and offline notebooks are now excluded from iTunes backup, so syncing your device with iTunes is much faster than before.
- Fixed several issues when migrating from previous versions, including the sometimes incorrect display of offline notebook sizes for Premium users.
- Further improvements in sync speed
- Improved the ability to extend an existing Premium subscription from within the app
- Removed the standard “Turn off Airplane Mode or switch to WiFi” message when app is launched in Airplane Mode, since all locally stored notes and offline notebooks are fully accessible even without a data connection.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the manual sorting of Favorite notes.
- Lots of general enhancements and fixes
A note on editing
Say you have a note that contains some fancy formatting—usually something you created on the desktop. Now you want to go in an make a change to this note from your iPhone. Evernote gives you two editing options.
- Append text to the end of an existing note
- Create a plain text copy of the note that you can edit (a copy of the original is placed into trash if you wish to recover it).
This only applies to rich text notes. You can always go in and add text to simple text notes, web clips, snapshot notes, or audio notes.