Last week we released an update to Evernote for Mac (v 1.11), which contained a couple of interesting new features. Check for updates to make sure that you’re on the latest release. Download Evernote for Mac here »
Enhanced AppleScript support
This update dramatically improves Evernote’s support for AppleScript. We have a dedicated page that outlines all of the new capabilities. If you’re familiar with AppleScript, then prepare to have a field day. We have the non-coders covered too. In advance of this release, we partnered with Veritrope.com to develop a number of scripts, which enable some useful and time-saving functionality.
- Save A List of URLs From Your Evernote Items As A File
- Integration with LaunchBar to create a daily diary in Evernote
- Auto-import folder with tags and notebooks support
- Snow Leopard search service for Evernote
- Importer for Text and RTF files (converts to HTML to preserve formatting and newlines)
- Collection of code snippets which could be useful to others writing apple scripts.
The Veritrope site also has lots of other scripts, snippets and ideas. Make sure to check it out.
Improved new user experience
Over the past few months, we have been making lots of tweaks to improve the new user experience. This release adds a helpful overlay in the New Note area to help acquaint first timers with the interface and types of note that they can create. The overlay appears the very first time a person launches Evernote.
Fixes and enhancements
As always, the release has lots of stuff that you can’t see—stuff that makes your Evernote experience better, smoother and more reliable.