Do you often find yourself surrounded by paperwork? Imagine if you could throw all of it into an envelope and have someone else organize it for you (instead of sitting in front of your scanner for hours). That’s exactly what Shoeboxed does. We’ve been big fans of the service that scans all your business cards and receipts, digitizes them, and sends them to your Evernote account for safekeeping (read our first post about the Evernote/Shoeboxed integration). Recently, the service got even better! Now, Shoeboxed will accept all of your paper clutter —including documents and bills — so you can truly lead a paperless lifestyle.
Get rid of your paper today
If you’re not already a Shoeboxed user, you can sign up for a free 60 day* trial of the service (Shoeboxed has a variety plans and price points to fit your needs, depending on whether you’re a business, individual, light, or heavy user). Next, send Shoeboxed your paper clutter via mail. Shoeboxed will scan, extract and data verify your documents. You’ll be able to see all of your digitized documents in your dashboard when you log into your Shoeboxed account online. From there:
- Decide which documents you’d like to send to your Evernote account, where they’ll be archived and searchable.
- Select “Archive to Evernote” from the Actions dropdown menu.
- Sending to Evernote is easy — just enter your Evernote email address when prompted and everything will get sent straight to your account. Shoeboxed will remember your email so you don’t have to enter it every time.
Organize your clutter
There are lots of great reasons to use Shoeboxed with Evernote, but here are just a few:
- Go paperless: Now that you can send any kind of document to Shoeboxed, start cleaning out your closet to make room for more stuff you actually WANT.
- Save time: Scanning all of your paper documents and organizing them into a digital storage system takes a lot of time. Shoeboxed does that work for you, and lets you keep your important documents organized.
- Create a searchable archive of your documents: When you send your digitized documents to Evernote, you’ll be able to find them and access them anywhere. Need to track down an expense from several months ago, or locate a specific line in a contract? Just do a quick search in Evernote and find what you’re looking for — super fast.
Create your Shoeboxed account today and embark on a paperless lifestyle today!
Special Just for Evernote Users
*Shoeboxed has been gracious enough to offer our users a free 60 day trial of their product until October 19th. You can sign up here. After October 19th, you can still sign up for a 30 day free trial.