iOS 5 is fantastic. Our transition to it has been somewhat less than stellar. Which is why we’re unbelievably happy about today’s 4.1.4 update, which addresses four of the major issues that our users have been seeing, plus a slew of other stuff.
Here’s the list of what we fixed:
- Fixed: a crash that would occur when dragging the text selection markers.
- Fixed: a crash that would occur when the magnifying glass came up.
- Fixed: a crash that would occur when downloading/syncing offline notebooks.
- Fixed: an issue that would cause attachments and images to be removed from notes when editing.
- Reduced the occurrence of Pending Synchronization issues, and fixed problems for users that currently have pending notes.
There are still a couple of issues that some of our users are reporting that we haven’t been able to address in this update, but will very soon. In general, if you start experiencing a recurring problem, the first thing to try is to uninstall Evernote and re-install it. That tends to fix about 95% of the issues we see.
While making sure that all major problems are resolved is our top priority, we’re also working on some exciting new features and capabilities. Stay tuned.