Planning a party — big or small — is a lot of work. You have to consider your location, the atmosphere, food and beverage menu, budget, invitations, decorations, playlist, and more. Whether you’re planning a dinner party or a cocktail party, working by yourself or with someone else, let Evernote help you!
Don’t forget to download our Holiday Guide»
Before you start figuring out your menu and vendors, consider your budget. Once you’ve set a budget, it’s time to start planning!
- Scout locations. Unless you know you’ll be throwing a party in your home, use Evernote to find your perfect location. Snap photos with your mobile device, jot down notes and ideas, and compare locations back home on your computer. Remember that notes taken with your mobile phone are geo-tagged, making it easier to keep track of locations.
- Research your vendor options. Clip information about catering companies, party supply stores and more using the Evernote Web Clipper for the browser of your choice. Be sure to capture information like phone numbers and addresses.[Learn more about web clipping with Evernote]
- Make your guest list. Use Evernote to come up with your guest list, and keep track of emails and addresses by adding them to your ‘Guest List’ note in your ‘Party’ notebook.
- Sketch out your table settings. Planning a dinner party? Use pen and paper to draw your table settings. Annotate your photos with Skitch, to add more detail. Snap a photo of your drawing with Evernote to make it searchable. [Learn how to use Evernote + Skitch, together]
- Create your playlist. Whenever you come across a great band or song you’d like to add to your playlist, add it to your ‘Party Music’ note or notebook. It will make compiling your party playlist a breeze.
- Figure out your party menu. Snap photos of cocktail menus at restaurants, clip recipes from the web, and scan in magazine articles to your menu inspiration notebook.
- Join forces. Plan your party with a co-conspirator! Share your party-planning notebook to exchange ideas, share guest lists, menu plans, and more. [Learn more about sharing in Evernote]
Once you’ve gotten everything planned, it’s time to enjoy the party. On the day of the party, use Evernote to:
- Prepare your meal, appetizers, and cocktails. Use Evernote on your tablet or mobile device to access the recipes you’ve collected to pull together delicious bites and sips.
- Organize your decorations. Refer to your sketches and outlines in Evernote to put up your party decorations, place settings and more.
- Capture memories. Use Evernote and Evernote Food to capture the things you want to remember from your party: photos with friends, tasty treats, and more. [Get Evernote Food for iPhone]
- Find information when you need it. Need to call a guest or the bakery that’s making dessert for your party? Access the information you need from your Evernote account, even if you’re not at your computer.
- Remember the people you meet. Meeting someone new at your party? Use Evernote Hello to remember new people and reconnect with them later. [Get Evernote Hello for iPhone]
- Pass on the good stuff. Share your drink recipes, vendor contact info, and more, with guests, straight from your Evernote account. Email individual notes, and post to Twitter and Facebook.
These are just a few of the ways you can use Evernote to help you plan your party (holiday-themed, or otherwise). How do you use Evernote to plan a party? Are you a party planner that uses Evernote to organize events? Share your ideas in the comments.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this series on using Evernote for planning your holidays. We hope you have a fantastic holiday season and a happy New Year!