Krisstina Wise owns a residential real estate brokerage in Austin, Texas called The GoodLife Team. Her company is a nationally-recognized thought leader for their approach to using technology and social media in running their business. See how Krisstina and her team of 26 employees use Evernote for everything from sharing client notes to moving a sale forward. Krisstina joins our Ambassador Program as the new Real Estate Ambassador and will also be hosting a webinar this Thursday, February 23rd. More details, below.
I use Evernote, Everywhere
I use Evernote for…
Evernote has completely changed my life. I used to carry a notebook and pen with me everywhere I went, but have now completely transitioned to having my entire life in Evernote. It’s one of the 5 core tools that I use to operate my life and my business. At The GoodLife Team, every employee uses Evernote across a number of different devices. It’s been about six months since all of our agents started using Evernote and it has already become an invaluable and fundamental tool.
Above: a buyer’s notebook and snapshot of client tour with attached audio interview, imported PDF of MLS records of the property tour and client notes.
Here are a few ways that Evernote can be every realtor’s power tool.
- Create a notebook for every single customer. All of our agents have a notebook for every single customer they work with. With Evernote, it’s easy to store all types of information including notes on maps, recorded seller interviews (captured with Evernote’s audio feature), photos of houses, and PDF MLS sheets of houses that customers like. Agents can send everything to customers right out of Evernote.
- Start the buying process before getting back to the office. Once a buyer has chosen a house to purchase, the agent can move their file to the admin staff before stepping foot back into the office. Using Shared Notebooks, agents can communicate with admin staff, sharing all of their documentation so that multiple people can work on one client file at the same time and move it along in the buying process faster than ever. [Learn about sharing from Evernote]
- Make a habit of saving everything to Evernote. Making a habit of saving everything to Evernote is the first step to knowing exactly where you’ll be able to find information at a moment’s notice. Our agents save all of their house photos, client interviews, PDFs, and notes to Evernote. As a paperless company, we use Evernote to manage our customer files and easily capture, access and share information on the go. [Learn how to go paperless from Paperless Lifestyle Ambassador Jamie Rubin]
- Make use of mobile devices and Trunk integrations. On the sales side, everyone on our team works on computers and iPads, so it’s easy to get work done at the office and on site. When you’re in a mobile profession, it’s vital to have tools that can help you be productive, even when you’re not at your desk. In addition to utilizing mobile devices, we use Evernote-integrated Trunk apps to help us get more done. [Evernote Tip: Apps like RightSignature allow you to capture a digital signature and save it back into Evernote for easy access and for customer records.]
- Train your staff. We do training with our agents every Thursday. We sit down with our entire team and take them through a step-by-step program of how to maximize Evernote. Evernote is a really flexible tool, so we’re able to show team members some best practices and then allow them to create their own workflow version that fits their work style.
- Share with multiple team members. Whether you’re a buyer or seller-side agent, you can use Evernote to communicate with colleagues and customers. Share individual notes by emailing them straight from your Evernote account or create a Shared Notebook and grant access to select individuals. Premium Evernote users can modify Shared Notebooks, making edits to documents and saving them back into Evernote, adding additional info (like house photos or signatures), and making sure everyone is in lock step throughout the buying and selling process. [Learn about sharing from Evernote]
Evernote as my personal productivity tool
In addition to using Evernote in every aspect of my work, I find it to be an extremely valuable personal tool. I have a professional and personal notebook with multiple Notebook Stacks underneath. My personal notebook helps me manage all of my activities in one place.
- I create checklists on all different things, ranging from work to-dos to grocery lists. [Learn how to create a checklist]
- I clip everything into Evernote using the Evernote Web Clipper. We were recently interviewing some folks, so I asked interviewees to send their resumes to my Evernote account so that I could review them all in one place and refer back to them prior to and during the interviews.
- I save documents and share lots of files with my team members. [Learn how to attach files to a note]
- I have a wireless keyboard, which, together with Evernote on my iPhone, allows me to type notes even if I’m in a meeting at Starbucks. When I’m back at my computer, they’re all there for me in my Evernote account.
- My personal notebook includes recipes, my training program for my workouts, my kids’ activities and checklists. My husband and I also share notebooks to manage household things. For example, if I start a grocery list, he can finish it and we both have it on our iPhones if one of us goes to the store. [8 Great Ways Couples Can Use Shared Notebooks]
Frankly, I don’t know how I kept it all together before Evernote. I know that everything that is important to me is in Evernote, so I know exactly where to find it. This practice of saving everything to Evernote saves me so much time that I used to spend wondering where something is.
Register for the GoodLife Team webinar on using Evernote everyday
Join Krisstina and Michael McClure, CEO of Verified Agent, this Thursday, February 23rd at 11:00am CST for an informative training session covering the basics of Evernote and ways to use it as a realtor.
Register here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/908731746
Are you a realtor using Evernote? Share your tips in the comments below.
The Evernote Ambassador Program
Join the conversation happening in our Lifestyle Forum to connect with Ambassadors and other Evernote users.
Join the conversation
Download Ambassador Guides
Drap and drop them into a New Note or attach them to a note so you can access them from any computer or mobile device where you have Evernote installed!