Our users love the idea of tying their notes in Evernote to calendar entries. We’re excited to tell you about two great mobile apps that make this possible: Meshin Recall (Android) and SnapCal (iPhone).
Meshin Recall is an Android app that shows you all of your Google calendars in one streamlined view. When you connect it to Evernote, you can easily associate notes with any event in your calendar.
Using the integration is easy. When you launch Meshin Recall, create a note right from an event. The note will automatically be tagged and synced to your Evernote account, where you’ll be able to easily search for it and view it from any device where you have Evernote installed. Here’s how to make it work:
- After downloading Meshin Recall, you’ll be asked to authorize your Evernote account, and sync your various Google calendars with Meshin Recall.
- To create a new note, tap the plus (+) icon next to an event. After saving the note in Evernote, you’ll be taken back into Meshin Recall, where you’ll see that the note icon is now an Evernote elephant icon, indicating that the event has a note associated with it. Tapping the icon will take you back into Evernote. When you create a new note, Meshin Recall will recommend useful tags and will title your note with the event’s title as well, making it easier to find later.
- To share a note, tap the elephant icon on the lower right-hand side of your screen to bring up the share menu and select a method of sharing.
If you’re an iOS user interested in connecting Evernote with your calendar, try SnapCal.
Here’s how to make it work:
- After downloading the app, authorize your Evernote account from the Settings menu.
- To send a calendar event to your Evernote account, simply tap on the event, then tap on the elephant icon in the tab on the bottom of your screen. Select the destination notebook, tags, and title.
- To associate existing notes with a calendar event, go to the settings menu and choose ‘Tags.’ Select all of the relevant tags associated with notes you may want to link with your calendar. You’ll be able to search your notes right from your SnapCal screen. Tapping on a note will allow you to attach the note to an event, select a calendar, and add an alert. You’ll can even tap on the note text and edit away.
Use SnapCal to connect your Evernote Food notes with your calendar
Wish you could browse your Evernote Food notes from your calendar? Now you can, using the nifty integration with SnapCal. To show your Evernote Food notes on your calendar, choose ‘Sync with Evernote Food’ from the Evernote authorization screen. All of your Evernote Food notes will appear on your calendar, on the date they were created.
The Evernote API
Meshin Recall and SnapCal were able to do all this thanks to the open, free Evernote API. You can also create amazing Evernote-integrated apps and products. Take a look at our developer site for more information.