After welcoming our Home Cooking Ambassador to the Ambassador Program, we naturally wanted to cook something. Since so many of you already use Evernote and Evernote Food to manage recipes and capture your cooking and eating experiences, we thought it would be fun for Lauren to lead a community cook-along event that lets us connect by sharing our experiences using Evernote and Evernote Food.
The First Evernote Cook-Along
For our first Evernote Cook-Along, Lauren has chosen a recipe that can be customized in a myriad of different ways. We’re making crepes! To participate, you can use Evernote and Evernote Food. Here’s how it’s going to work:
- The Cook-Along will be happening on Saturday, May 19th. If you’re cooking along, RSVP to the event on Facebook. Leading up to the Cook-Along, and over the course of the event, post your favorite crepe recipes, ask Lauren questions, share kitchen tips, and Evernote-related tips.
- Use the Evernote Web Clipper to clip Lauren’s basic crepe recipe to your Evernote account, so you can easily reference it while you’re in the kitchen.
- Customize the crepe recipe however you like: make them sweet, make them savory. Top with sugar, butter, eggs, Nutella…whatever you like! Choose and purchase your ingredients ahead of the event.
- On Saturday, May 19th, it’s time to get cooking! Bring whatever device you’re using to reference the recipe into your kitchen for easy access to your Evernote account. As you’re cooking, use Evernote Food (or Evernote on your mobile device) to capture snapshots of the process. Then, be sure to snap some photos of the finished product.
- Share your creation to your Facebook page, Twitter, and your blog (if you have one!) anytime between May 19th and May 26th. Use the hashtag #evernotecookalong when sharing your notes.
To share your Meal from Evernote Food: Tap the arrow icon in the lower right-hand corner. Select Facebook or Twitter. Be sure to add the hashtag #evernotecookalong! All of your Evernote Food notes automatically sync to your Evernote account, so you have the opportunity to make them public. Select ‘Copy Share URL to Clipboard,’ then use this link to post to the Cook-Along Facebook page, your blog, and the Lifestyle Forum.
To share photos from your Evernote account: Select Post to Facebook, Post to Twitter, or Copy Share URL to Clipboard.
Over the course of the Cook-Along, we’ll select 5 random winners, who will all receive a bag of Evernote goodies including a t-shirt, tote bag, stickers, and more.
Let’s get cooking!