Who doesn’t love summer vacation? Start using Evernote to capture all the little details associated with getting away from the office.
- Start gathering inspiration. As you’re browsing your favorite websites and blogs, clip inspirational ideas and potential destinations to your Evernote account using the Evernote Web Clipper. Looking through a physical magazine? Snap a photo or scan an article. Save to your Evernote account. Check out scanners in the Evernote Trunk that let you scan documents directly to your Evernote account.
- Get your ducks in a row. Make sure to save important travel documents like your passport (photo or scanned copy), immunizations (if you’re traveling abroad), phone numbers and addresses of people at home as well as the places you might be staying.
- Plan your itinerary. Create a note with a rough itinerary for your trip, and link related notes to it. For example, link notes with restaurant recommendations or hotel addresses next to related dates on your itinerary. [ Learn how to use Note Links ]
- Take advantage of Shared Notebooks. Planning a trip with someone else? Create a Shared Notebook so you can share your ideas, and make sure all traveling parties have access to important information, like your flight number! If one of you is Premium, you can both modify your Shared Notebook, update itineraries with the most up-to-date information, and add reminders to each other.
- Create a travel checklist. Use Evernote to make sure you don’t leave the suntan lotion or kids’ medications behind. Access your travel checklist while you’re at the drugstore, in the office, and at a lunch meeting. [Learn how to create a checklist in Evernote ]
- Forward important emails from your inbox to your Evernote account. Forward flight confirmations, recommendations from friends, articles you might want to read on the plane, and attachments from your email account to your Evernote account using your unique Evernote email address. [Learn how to email to your Evernote account]
- Use ifttt to automate tasks, and keep your boss happy while you’re away. Ifttt is a cool Evernote integration that lets you automate an endless amount of tasks (like sending weather reports to your Evernote account, as well as forwarding emails from your boss) so you don’t have to check your email while you’re away unless you REALLY have to.
- Organize using tags and Notebook Stacks. Keep your trips organized by creating separate notebooks for trips and stacking them under a general ‘Travel’ notebook and/or use tags to help you find notes later.
- Take it offline. If you’re a Premium user, enjoy the Offline Notebook feature on iOS and Android, which allows you to make any notebook in your account available offline. Perfect for when you’re on the airplane, in a taxi, or just checking into your hotel.
- Remember the important moments. Use Evernote and Evernote Food to remember the things that happen on your travels. Snap photos of your family having a picnic, record audio notes of your child meeting Pluto at Disneyland, and snap photos of restaurant menus, wines you drink, and more. You may not think about these memories today or even tomorrow, but one day, you’ll find something priceless in your account.
Want more tips for how you could use Evernote to plan a trip or weekend getaway? Check out this roundup, from our archives:
Travel Series: Planning a Trip with Evernote