Have you ever wanted to save an important phone conversation forever? Now you can, thanks to the Calltrunk integration with Evernote.
How it works
Recording a conversation with Calltrunk and saving it to your Evernote account is simple, and can be done from your smartphone, the web, and Skype.
On your smartphone:
- To use Calltrunk on your smartphone, simply launch the Calltrunk application. When you’re done with your call, a recording will automatically be saved to Calltrunk, and you can send it to your Evernote account with one click. We recommend you always let your contact know that you are recording the call.
On the web:
- Log into your Calltrunk account on the web, then initiate the call by typing in your contact’s number in the “source phone” box. Your recorded conversation will be saved in the same way as it would be if you were using your smartphone.
- If you’d like to use Calltrunk on Skype, first add “Calltrunk Robot” as a contact in Skype. To record a conversation with someone on Skype, simply add the Calltrunk Robot as a participant; your conversation will be recorded and saved, without you having to do anything else.
You can set Calltrunk to automatically send all recordings to your Evernote account, to make the process even more streamlined.
Calltrunk and Evernote for collaborative projects
With Evernote, Calltrunk becomes a great collaboration tool. For example, Calltrunk’s own VP Marketing, Richard Newton used Evernote extensively to write his book Stop Talking Start Doing. Here’s how he made it work:
- He saved his research, web clippings, and drafts in Evernote.
- He saved all of his phone call discussions with his editor and partners about the book with Calltrunk. These were all automatically saved to his Evernote account. All of his research and recordings were in one, easy-to-access place.
- When he needed to refer to a part of a conversation, he used Calltrunk’s search feature to find the exact part of the conversation he was looking for.
- He compiled his notes and recordings into an Evernote notebook that he was able to share with his team for feedback.
Richard explained, “I could, for example, have a phone call with the illustrator and share his comments or thoughts with the publisher. This made it a lot easier to convey the nuances and details of conversation than writing out my interpretation.”
Calltrunk offers some innovative search technology within its own app that lets you search for words inside recorded conversations, and visually see where they appear in your conversation. That means you can listen to a section of a conversation you actually need to recall, without having to go through the whole recording.
Ways to use Calltrunk and Evernote, together
Here are just a few of the ways you might put this integration to use:
- Journalists and writers can record interviews and transcribe their own writing.
- Lawyers can keep a record of important phone conversations needed in a case.
- Home cooks can gather recipes from others via the phone, listening to the recording as they shop for ingredients.
- Families can save sentimental phone calls when they are traveling and apart from one another.
- Anyone negotiating a service, such as with a contractor or cable company, can record discussions to be sure details are not missed.
Saving all of these important conversations in one place (your Evernote account) means that your short-term memories — like meeting notes — can live alongside those long-term, emotional memories that may be important to you in the future.