Home Cooking Ambassador Lauren Atkins here with a very important question for you: what’s your favorite thing about Fall? If you said “pie,” then congratulations! You know that pie is always the answer.
Now that it’s officially Fall here in the United States, we invite you to join us as we celebrate the change of seasons, an abundant harvest after the long summer stretch, and the joy of a warm, cozy house with two of our favorite things: Evernote and pie!
Let’s Get Cooking
The third Evernote Cook-Along is dedicated to harvest pies, the delicious comfort foods that celebrate the gifts of nature. Much like the crêpes we made in the first Evernote Cook-Along, harvest pies can be sweet or savory and adapted to showcase your talents, tastes and local bounty. Apple? Pumpkin? Mincemeat? Squash? Seafood pot pie? The options are endless.
So grab your rolling pins and get ready because the Harvest Pie Cook-Along is Saturday, October 6, 2012.
To participate, be sure you’ve downloaded Evernote Food to your iPhone or Android phone. Here’s how it’s going to work:
- RSVP for the Harvest Pie Cook-Along Facebook event, and while you’re at it, be sure to Like the Evernote Food Facebook page!
- Want to make your own pie crust but not sure how to start? We’ve got you covered with this handy step-by-step guide that demonstrates how to make Lauren’s easy all-butter pie crust.
- Grab your favorite pie recipe or make up a new one! Need inspiration? Check out Lauren’s personal collection of pie recipes and tips. When you open the link, click to Join the Notebook (you’ll be asked to sign into your Evernote account). After you’ve joined the notebook, you’ll be able to access it from your Shared Notebooks on any device where you have Evernote installed.
- Prepare your pies anytime between today and October 6.
- Post your creations to the Evernote Cook-Along’s event page on Facebook, the Evernote Lifestyle forum, Twitter, and your blog (if you have one!) anytime between today and October 7. Use the hashtag #evernotelife when sharing your notes. Share your cooking tips, ask questions, and connect with Lauren and fellow participants on the Facebook event page.
Over the course of the Cook-Along, Lauren will select 5 of her favorite submissions. Those submissions will be showcased on the event page, as well as on the Evernote Food Facebook page where Evernote fans will be able to vote for the one they like best. The top 3 winners will all receive a grab bag of Evernote goodies including a t-shirt, tote bag, stickers, and more. Winners will be announced on October 10. So let’s get baking!