We hope you had a restful and happy holiday. As many of us reflect on the past year and look forward to a new one, we thought we’d share a few quick tips with you for using Evernote to accomplish your goals in 2013.
- Write down your resolutions. Whether you prefer to make a checklist, write your goals down in your Smart Notebook (and snap a picture, saving your list to your Evernote account), or create a few separate notes with your resolutions, capture them while they’re fresh in your mind.
- Savor the moments. One of the great things about Evernote’s apps is their ability to let you capture the things that matter to you in the moment, without thinking too much about when you might need them again. Use Evernote to save your next great business idea, Evernote Food to remember the food and meals you love (and people you share them with), Evernote Hello to remember people you meet, the Web Clipper and Clearly to save things you come across on the Internet that you may want to revisit.
- Give back. Have a goal of giving back to your community in 2013? Snap photos of items you want to donate, create a notebook for organizing a community project, or make a budget for charitable donations.
- Look back. Spend an afternoon looking back at the past year by browsing through your Evernote account. See what articles you wanted to read, review successful work projects (and ones you’d like to tackle in 2013), and recall great meals you had. Note things you wanted to accomplish but didn’t (like taking a vacation to Thailand or crocheting a scarf). Think about whether you’d like to do these things in the New Year and add them to your resolutions!
- Set deadlines. We all make resolutions that we never keep. This year, resolve to accomplish the things you set out to do. Create calendar reminders for yourself, using Note Links to associate specific goals/tasks with dates.
Happy New Year to you and yours from our team! We’ll see you next week with fresh content, tips, and more.
Take the Evernote Holiday Pledge
From now through the New Year, you can sign up for the Evernote Holiday Pledge and opt in to receive email tips and guidance from the Evernote team and our Ambassadors about ways you can get more out of Evernote. Participate in virtual events like the Evernote & Chronicle Books Craft-Along and join our public notebook, which is updated regularly with fresh tips and guides. Stay tuned for new tips and challenges to help you start the new year right.