With Mother’s Day around the corner, you might be thinking of ways to pay tribute to that fabulous lady in your life. Today, we’d like to give you a few tips for planning a Mother’s Day Brunch with Evernote.
- Start capturing recipes. As you come across recipes you might want to make, clip them to your Evernote account using the Evernote Web Clipper. Download Evernote Food and use the Explore Recipes search feature to browse recipes from your favorite blogs and websites, then clip them to your Evernote Food cookbook. BONUS: if you use Evernote Food, the recipes you save within the app and in Evernote will show up in your Evernote Food cookbook.
- Plan your menu. Scroll through your clipped recipes in Evernote or Evernote Food, then select the top 3-4 that you’ll want to prepare. Create a New Note in your Evernote account with your Mother’s Day Brunch menu. BONUS: Add Note Links to recipes in your menu to quickly jump to them inside your Evernote account.
- Create a shopping/ grocery list. Create a checklist of items needed to make your brunch a success. As you purchase items, check them off on your mobile phone (remember: Evernote syncs your notes across all of your devices, so any checked items will be reflected in Evernote, everywhere).
- Don’t forget the flowers. Clip a few bouquets/floral arrangements you see online using the Evernote Web Clipper. View arrangements side by side in Evernote on your desktop, then click on the source URL of the note displaying the arrangement you’d like to order. Place your order and clip your order summary right back into your Evernote account using the Web Clipper or Evernote Clearly, our app for enjoying a better reading experience online.
- Skip the brunch, take her out! Don’t know how to cook, or have a great space for hosting your Mother’s Day Brunch? Treat her to a fabulous meal out. Use Evernote Food to peruse restaurants, and book your table using the OpenTable integration.
Evernote and Evernote Food can not only help you get organized around planning your brunch, but also capture invaluable memories so don’t forget to snap photos of your mom, the food you prepare and eat, and any other special touches and items you’d like to remember from the day.
Want more ideas for using Evernote to plan an event? Check out some of our other tips.
Find the recipe featured in the Web Clip above on the West Elm blog.