- App/developer name: Powerbot for Gmail
- Platform: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Price: $1.99/month, or $14.99/year
- Type: Productivity
Email is hard to search, and a lot of times, isn’t a great place to get actual work done. That’s where Evernote comes in. If you already forward a lot of emails from your Gmail account to Evernote, you’ll find Powerbot for Gmail to be a smart work tool. It lets you add tags and comments to your emails, pull in links to notes or notebooks from Evernote to any outgoing email, and do it all right inside the Gmail interface.
Get Powerbot for Gmail from the Evernote Trunk.
Saving emails to Evernote
Powerbot makes your emails more useful to you once they’re in your Evernote account. After you install Powerbot, a “Send to Evernote” button will appear next to Gmail’s Reply option. Click on the button to bring up the Powerbot interface, where you can choose your destination notebook, tags, and comments. If the email is part of a threaded conversation, you can save the entire thread to your Evernote account. Any attachments will be included if you choose.
Attaching notes to email
When you’re in your Gmail account writing an email, you’ll see buttons right inside the email window that allow you to add notes and notebooks from your Evernote account. Here are few ways to incorporate Powerbot into your workflow:
- are emailing about a meeting, you can insert a link to your Evernote note with details about what you need to discuss.
- need to share a whole notebook, such as your full project specs and designs, you can insert a link to that notebook right in your email text.
- want to save all sent emails in Evernote to stay organized? Open the Powerbot interface to choose the destination notebook, and add tags and comments.
Get a free year with Powerbot
Leave a comment about how you would use Powerbot for work or life, including the hashtag #Powerbot. We’ll randomly choose 3 people to receive a code for 1 year of Powerbot for Gmail, a value of $14.99. This giveaway ends May 15, 2013.
Are you a developer interested in joining the more than 20,000 developers worldwide who are building with Evernote? Visit dev.evernote.com to get more information and get started!