This is a contributed post by Student Ambassador, Megan Cotter.
Whether you’re just starting college or heading back, you’ll need to keep track of a lot — from papers to class schedules, to living with a new set of people, all on your own. Thankfully, Evernote can make college life much easier. Here are a few tips for using Evernote to stay on top of academic and extra-curricular activities.
- Reminders. Use the new Reminders feature to set up a ‘homework’ notebook. Create a New Note for each assignment and make sure to set a Reminder so you remember to complete it on time.
- Share shopping lists with roommates. If you’re getting ready to move in with roommates, set up a shared list so you all know what everyone already has. That way, you won’t end up buying multiple things. Drop a note with the checklist into a notebook, then share it with roommates. If you’re a Premium user, you can give your roommates rights to modify the list.
- Keep notes organized and searchable. Each class is going to come with a lot of notes. Take them in Evernote so you can easily search them all when you go to write your next paper.
- New to school? Use Skitch to mark your classes on a campus map. Insert it into a note with your schedule so you always know where you’re supposed to be.
- Evernote Web Clipper. Make sure you use the Web Clipper to store all of your research for papers, inspiration for dorm decoration, and anything else that you want to keep hold of!
How do you plan to use Evernote for college?