Editor’s Note: As of April 29, 2015, emailing into Evernote is a paid feature available to Evernote Premium and Evernote Plus subscribers. To learn more, visit our level and feature comparison page.
Finding the perfect gift for someone really comes down to paying attention. Unfortunately, it’s tough to keep track of every great idea that you come across and remember it when it’s time to buy a gift. Here are a few tips to help you use Evernote to be everyone’s favorite gifter.
- Be aware. Whenever you’re hanging out with a friend, family member or colleague, tune in to mentions of things they wish they had or experiences they dream off. Discreetly jot down ideas using Evernote on your mobile device.
- Capture things you see and like. Whether you’re online shopping or browsing your favorite store, use either the Evernote Web Clipper or Evernote on your mobile device to capture things you think would make great gifts for your best friend, dad, mom, sister or tennis coach. Add tags like ‘Mom gift ideas’ or put them all in a notebook called ‘Great Gifts.’
- Forget ‘belated’ gifts. Use Reminders to add dates to notes so that you’ll never have to get a last-minute gift. Be sure to attach dates in the future that will provide you with ample time to purchase and/or ship the gift in time for the occasion.
- Plan a joint gift. Group gifts allow multiple people to come together to show one person how much they’re appreciated. Create a Shared Notebook that you and a few friends or siblings can all contribute to. Premium users can grant modification rights for Shared Notebooks so everyone can add their ideas.
- Give them what they ask for. Know someone who’s always got a list? Snap a photo of it, forward it from your email inbox to your Evernote account, or attach the document so you can quickly and easily reference it at home from your desktop or out and about from your mobile device.
What are your tips for giving better gifts? Tell us in the comments.