Around this time of year, most of us are counting the days left until a little holiday break.
There’s plenty of downtime in your future (we hope), so it’s a great time to get yourself organized.
- Curate your recipe collection. If you’ve been clipping or scanning in your favorite recipes, now’s the time to save them all to a recipes notebook and maybe even tag a few by course (dessert, breakfast, dinner). Once your recipes are in Evernote, they’re accessible to you (and searchable!) on every device and on the Web.
- Plan your dream vacation. It’s time to start making those 2014 daydreams a reality. Start researching places you might want to travel to, clip articles, hotel recommendations and more.
- Conceptualize your next big home / DIY project. Doing a kitchen remodel or hoping to start on a nursery? Start a New Notebook in Evernote and start saving inspiration to it. Snap photos of items you see and like when you’re out and about, create a to-do list, and set some Reminders for project deadlines (a week before the baby’s due or the in-laws are coming for a visit?)
- Set some personal goals. Want to learn how to knit? Or write your first novel? Make a personal goals list in Evernote before the New Year. Start collecting inspiration related to your goals.
- Catch up on your reading. Clipped a bunch of articles and forwarded newsletters to your Evernote account? Grab your tablet, a cozy blanket, and curl up on the couch!
How are you using your holiday downtime?