Great news. Apple just approved the newest version of Evernote for iPhone/iPad/iPod (v3.3.2). Here are the highlights of this version:
- Fixed all known syncing and crashing bugs that affected some users of the previous version, including the notorious “u2″ sync bug. We started referring to that one as, “where the bug has no name”. Happily, we can stop now.
- Significantly improved the sync performance on both iPhone and iPad, especially during the “Syncing headers” phase.
- iPad version now geotags new notes, if location data is available
- Fixed issues with some third-party apps integrations.
- Several searching and maps improvements.
- Improvements to the audio recorder on the iPad.
- Evernote should run on iPhone OS 3.1.2 and above. The previous version required 3.1.3.
Full screen view
Finally, we added a much-requested new feature to the iPad version. You’ll now see a set of small arrows in the upper left corner of the note. Click them to toggle between the split-screen view and a new full-screen note view. This is great when reading a long note, viewing a big picture or scrolling through a PDF and works in both portrait and landscape modes.
Evernote 3.3.2 will start appearing in the AppStore over the next couple of hours, so please check for updates. Thanks for your patience during this upgrade cycle. The introduction of the iPad made everything a bit crazy for a few days, but it looks like things are back to normal. As always, please contact our support team if you have any problems and we’ll be happy to help. Look for lots of new features for both the iPad and iPhone versions in future releases and tell us how we can continue making Evernote even better.
[A quick update: you may still see the "u2" error under rare conditions on the iPhone for the next few hours. It'll go away for good tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, when we do a server update to clean up the last traces of the problem. You won't have to upgrade your iPhone version again; the server reboot will take care of it. In the meantime, this is a relatively mild bug. If you get a u2 error it means you just made an empty note on your iPhone. Just edit the note and add a few characters of text to the body (not just the title). That'll make it sync without problems. Don't just delete the empty note, because then you'll have to fish it out of the trash to edit it.]