Today, we updated Evernote for Windows with a slew of great improvements, fixes and some much-requested features. Here are some of the highlights of version 4.2:
Greater control over clips
If you use the Evernote Web Clippers for Internet Explorer or Firefox, then this is for you. In Evernote, you can now specify certain clipping preferences to give you the optimal experience when capturing webpages. Choose which notebook clips are sent to, how the clip should be formatted and whether the clipping popup should appear.
These settings only apply to IE and Firefox because these clippers send clips directly into the desktop version of Evernote. Don’t forget, we also have a great extension available for Google Chrome.
Improved note editing and viewing
In this release, we’ve significantly updated our note editor to make the experience much more robust and reliable. Here are a few of the improvements:
- Improved font handling
- Improved reliability when creating and pasting numbered, bulleted and multi-leveled lists
- Better control over displaying encrypted text
- Improved support for cut, copy and paste shortcuts
- Date stamp shortcut (CTRL+;) works more reliably
We’ve received a lot of requests for this one… Whenever you type or paste a URL, it’ll automatically become a link. Clean and simple.
Many more improvements
- Improved proxy support. This is particularly useful for Evernote users in corporate environments
- Enabled background sync from the task tray
- Improved ink note support
- Improved printing options
- Improved file drag and drop, including adding text files
- Improved localization
- Added support for Polish, Dutch and Danish
Download Evernote for Windows