You use Evernote to capture and remember a lot of things that are relevant to you. Some of what you have in your Evernote account is also relevant to your significant other. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we came up with eight tips for using Evernote to inspire one another, communicate better and get things done together.
8 Ways to Use Evernote as a Couple
- For recipes: A couple that cooks together…We’ve heard from a number of users that sharing recipes makes planning weeknight dinners much easier. Share clipped or scanned recipes, as well as tasty memories you captured using Evernote Food.
- For travel planning: Whether you’re planning a family vacation, a romantic weekend getaway, or a yearlong trip around the world, you can use Evernote to stay organized. Email your itineraries, save maps annotated in Skitch, store photos, and more to a Shared Notebook. [Learn more about ways to use Evernote to plan a trip]
- For shopping and to-do lists: Get household chores and family responsibilities done faster. Share grocery shopping lists, checklists, and more. [Learn how to create a checklist in Evernote]
- For sharing information about your kids: If you’re a parent, you have to retain a lot of information about your kids — from class rosters to sports practices, vaccinations to everything in between. Make sure you and your partner are both in the know about everything related to your kids’ lives by sharing this information using a Shared Notebook.
- For home improvement projects: You’re already keeping track of kitchen cabinets, wood finishes, and vendor contact info in your Evernote. Put it all in a Shared Notebook and save yourself all those back and forth emails.
- For doing your taxes: Did you know you could use Evernote to keep track of your tax documents and related information? Share these with each other and have handy access to everything you need when doing your own taxes or meeting with your accountant. [Learn how you could use Evernote to do your taxes]
- For gift ideas: Make gift giving easier by sharing gift ideas for each other, kids, relatives and friends. [Learn how to use Evernote for remembering gift ideas]
- For staying in touch over long distances: Capture all of the things that happen to you over the course of your day and drop it in a Shared Notebook to shorten the distance between you.