Editor’s Note: This note was updated with minor edits on June 5, 2015 to more accurately reflect the current Evernote feature set.
If you’re going to SXSW, you’ll definitely want to arm yourself with our survival guide. It’s packed with tips for how you can use Evernote and a number of our partner products (that you can find in the App Center), to get more done, capture your experiences, stay organized, and be able to access all of your notes from any device you have on hand.
Our top 10 tips for using Evernote apps and products at SXSW:
- Create your packing list. As you get ready for your trip, create a checklist of things to pack so you don’t forget anything. Check things off your list as they go in your suitcase.
- Have all of your travel, hotel, and transportation information handy. Email your travel itinerary, hotel confirmations, and more, to your Evernote account. Don’t go shuffling through your inbox when you need to pull up this information, need to find a phone number, or confirm a departure date.
- Annotate maps with Skitch, save them to Evernote. Whether you’re new to Austin or not, use Evernote and Skitch to map out your game plan for the parties, panels and meetings you’d like to attend. Use Skitch to capture a screenshot of a map, annotate it, then save it to your Evernote account.
- Use Evernote to capture your grand ideas. You’ll be attending panels, meeting tons of inspiring people, and learning about lots of new companies and opportunities. Use Evernote to capture your ideas — whether they’re written down in a notebook, on a napkin, or drawn out with chalk on a sidewalk. Type out notes and snap photos of text that you’ll be able search and find later.
- Corral all of those business cards. Before you toss someone’s business card into your bag, snap a photo of it using Evernote and add any additional thoughts as a note. Save all of your business cards into a separate notebook that you can use as your searchable, digital rolodex. If you don’t have time to take a photo, you can always scan them later, or use one of our partner integrations like Shoeboxed.
- Chronicle your food experiences with Evernote Food, and join our SXSW Food Hunt! There are lots of delicious places to eat in Austin. Just ask our Austin-based Food Writing Ambassador, Kristi Willis. She’s leading a SXSW Food Hunt, so while you’re in Austin, be sure to join the fun. Use Evernote Food to snap pictures and add notes about the delicious places you eat and the people you share your meals with.
- Get work done on the go. Your colleagues back home are probably jealous that you’re at SXSW, so make sure you don’t drop the ball when it comes to getting your work done. Save work documents and presentations, mockups, and important emails to your Evernote account so you can stay productive in between sessions. If you’re Premium, then you can also take everything offline on iOS and Android.
- Save tweets to your Evernote account. Follow these instructions for connecting your Evernote account with your Twitter account so you can send tweets you may want to remember to your Evernote account.
- Share your experiences with friends and colleagues. Whether you’re using Evernote, Evernote Food, or Skitch, share your notes with friends back home through Shared Notebooks, as individual notes, via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
Useful Trunk Integrations
Check out some of our great partner integrations to help you get even more out of SXSW.
- Expensify: Capture your receipts instantly, then pull together your expense report when you’re back at your office.
- Quicktate, Dial2Do: When you’re at a conference session, instead of taking notes, record it! Then, use these apps to transcribe your recorded audio notes.
- ifttt: If you’re using Foursquare, Instagram, Twitter and other social apps, use ifttt to connect them to your Evernote account so you can remember more from your social interactions.