It’s summer, which means plenty of fresh produce to help you eat better, and sunshine to encourage you to get outside. We’ve teamed up with our Fitness Ambassador, Chad Williams, for our second 30 Day Fitness Challenge. Chad works closely with clients to help them achieve their fitness and nutritional goals, and he’s come up with a tailored challenge, just for Evernote users.
How it works
For this challenge, you’ll have the option of choosing one or both of the challenges below:
- Get outside for at least 15 minutes per day. You have to spend these 15+ minutes doing something active — smoke breaks and sun bathing at the beach don’t count. You have lots of options: walk, jog, ride your bike, play a pickup game with friends at the park.
- Eat only vegetables for carbs. To get that leaner body, you’ll want to reduce your carb calories. For the next 30 days, you’ll cut out processed grains and fruits. Got questions? Find Chad on the Facebook event page, our Lifestyle forum, and on Twitter.
Get your Challenge on!
- Join the Evernote Fitness Challenge Facebook page. The Challenge officially starts on June 21st.
- Decide if you would like to pursue the fitness, nutritional challenge, or both.
- Create a notebook called ’30 Day Fitness Challenge.’ Snap a photo of your ‘before’ self, and then keep track of your daily accomplishments by creating a new note in your notebook for every day of the challenge. Be sure to snap an ‘after’ photo when you’re done!
- Share tips, ask Chad and other users questions, and cheer each other on on Facebook, and connect with users on the Fitness discussion forum in the Evernote Lifestyle forum as well.
- Let friends know you’re participating in the Evernote Fitness Challenge, and get them involved!
Ways to Use Evernote Food for the Challenge
Use our app for remembering memorable meals to track your progress. Find inspiration by checking out Chad’s Meals.
- Let Evernote Food become your mobile food journal; track what you eat each day
- Use the captions to describe what it was that you ate and note the serving size or calorie counts
- Keep track of healthy options: organize your meals by cuisine or favorites using tags
- Enter your exercise for the day in the meal notes for a comprehensive fitness log
The Big Check-In and Prizes
Update: The Twitter party is happening on July 24th at 6 pm PST/ 9 pm EST!
At the end of the Challenge, Chad will host a Twitter party, in which you’ll be able to connect with fellow challenge participants, ask questions, and share your pains and gains. Let friends know you’ll be attending by tweeting:
We’ll be giving away plenty of Evernote goodies at the end of the Challenge. 5 random Challenge participants will be rewarded with an Evernote t-shirt, water bottle, and stickers. Twitter party prize winners will be selected separately.