As a current undergraduate actively involved in various varsity activities, it is certainly difficult to juggle my studies and hectic lifestyle. Stumbling upon the app back in 2013, Evernote has since become my trusty companion in helping me manage my tasks and daily happenings, enabling me to squeeze out extra time to pursue the things that I love. With seamless synchronisation across multiple platforms as well as various features, Evernote helps in improving productivity and remembering the things that truly matter.
Here are 5 ways in which I use Evernote to help me with my various school functions:
1. Recording information. This is especially useful during lectures or meetings. You can jot down quick memos or create audio recordings (secretly) during lectures and save it all in a digital format with Evernote. This is a very fast and efficient way to archive your thoughts and ideas and you no longer have to worry about forgetting to bring your notes as Evernote’s files can be accessed on multiple platforms and devices. They can even be annotated and highlighted easily with the various tools available. I commonly use it to annotate and highlight article readings that I have done for a particular module before sharing them with my friends who do not have the time to do so. With stickers and guiding tools, it is impossible not to share your work clearly with others.
2. Keep track of the important information. Evernote allows you to easily search for content within notes with their search function and you no longer have to sieve through the countless numbers of folders on your desktop in order to get more information about a particular module that you used to take. Tasks can be easily created and reminders can be set as well for those of you who are as forgetful as I am. I also particularly like the Evernote function of allowing you to look back at previous versions of your notes which really helped me when designing posters and other collaterals as it helped me to recall my previous thought process.
3. Collaboration during meetings/projects. This is especially useful if your friends are as IT-savvy as you are. Evernote has a work chat function through which you can easily communicate and share files with your group or project members. You can also create a designated notebook for a particular project and members could upload their work and ideas as memos in that folder. With tools such as the Evernote Web Clipper, articles and important details can also be easily incorporated in any discussion, hence facilitating the entire collaboration process and making it more efficient.
4. Business Cards Scanning. As someone belonging to 2 different student body clubs, I meet many people on a regular basis which culminates into an entire mountainous stack of name cards. Evernote’s Scanning Function allows you to easily archive all your business cards and access them anytime you want. You no longer have to worry about scrambling to dig out a particular food caterer’s contact when you can now easily refer to the database stored on your Evernote. This is a shoutout to all of you who are holding appointments in Hall or Student Clubs as this is one function that you definitely do not want to miss!
5. Presentations. Now I’m not encouraging any of you to be last minute workers like me, but I must really put forth how useful this function is. Instead of transferring all the information on Evernote to a presentation software and worrying about the alignment and layout, you can instead easily convert long and draggy research notes into visually stunning presentations with the simple click of a button! Never need to worry about those last minute presentations that your Professors have requested! Evernote makes it simple and intuitive for your ideas to be displayed and presented to your audience. Find out more here.
If you want to find out more useful tips on Evernote, visit our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram @Evernote_SEA and Twitter @EvernoteSEA.